I love everything about Fall. Since I was a little kid, the arrival of fall weather meant the holidays were almost here and that meant my favorite Pumpkin Pie was on the way!
Fast forward to present day Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING, it’s no longer just for holiday gatherings or family get-togethers. If you love it like I do, we can find something with the flavor of pumpkin spice all day, every day!
Make your own Pumpkin Spice mix
I’ve usually relied on store bought pumpkin spice mixes and flavorings, but it’s really easy to make your own. For this post I bought new McCormick spices, but you can use whatever you prefer. The key is making sure your spices are as fresh as they can be.
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Nutmeg
- 1.5 teaspoons Ground Allspice
- 1.5 teaspoons Ground Cloves
- In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves until well combined. Store in a small jar or container.
Some of my favorite ways to use Pumpkin Spice:
- Pumpkin or Apple pies
- Yeasted rolls, yeasted breads or quick breads
- Cookies and bars
- Cakes, cupcakes
- American buttercream frosting
- whipped cream
- Coffee drinks, or add as a syrup in your Latte
- Breakfast oats
- roasted fall veggies
Thanks for following! I hope you find time to enjoy your own blend of pumpkin spice in a latte!